November+ December Highlights

31 Dec

Well  it is all of a sudden almost the last day of the year and I haven’t blogged forever! Instead of giving you a bunch of excuses I thought I would  give you highlights from the last 2 months!

After a couple months of a break I started swimming again. It has been great with no real structure. Doing lots of drills and technique work. I go to a Masters type practice on Saturday which I love and makes me miss my Masters group!

IMG_5056

I bought a new wetsuit. Holla!!! 50% off. I’ve been wanting a new wetsuit and wanted to wait until the end of the season for a sale!

IMG_5061

My mom came for Thanksgiving. It was super fun! She wanted to walk every day which we did. It was freezing but sunny! I made scones for the first time. (Chocolate chip cream cheese scones) I made a squash/brussel sprout/tofu dish and pumpkin cheesecake in a jar for the big show.

Image 12-31-15 at 7.34 AM

She also brought lemons from her friends lemon tree. I made homemade lemonade. Who knew you had to make a simply syrup so all the sugar doesn’t go to the bottom!! 🙂

Image 12-31-15 at 7.17 AM

Since I can’t seem to getting around to blogging these days I haven’t done a race recap of the Holiday Half.

Image 12-31-15 at 7.22 AM

It is a local race. Super fun. It was supposed to be pouring rain but we got lucky and it was dry. The last 3 miles were with serious wind though! 😦 I did manage to PR again. Another minute toward that sub 2 1/2 marathon!!

Dan wants to change our last name to Pancake.

Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 4.16.23 PM

65 likes..not bad!! Some of the comments were really funny!

We celebrated our 30 month anniversary with pancakes. Fitting with the name change and all.

Christmas in Vegas!

Before our long run with our new Goodr glasses.

IMG_5135

I’m not much for running in sunglasses but these are no slip, no bounce, no fog. They really worked. Loved them!

Date night my my bro and SIL. We went to see Mystere. It was amazing. I have never seen a Cirque du Soleil show.

IMG_5132

It was a whirlwind last 2 months but I am pumped to start a new year…TOMORROW!!

How was your November and December? Any highlights?

14 Responses to “November+ December Highlights”

1. Lee January 1, 2016 at 5:29 AM #

Happy New Year Leslie! November and December were definitely a whirlwind! I can’t believe 2016 is here! Swimming is definitely a highlight for me too….have been getting there with the consistency I desire, but still lots of work to do! I look forward to following your adventures in 2016!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 2, 2016 at 7:44 PM #

Happy New Year Lee!!! I’m glad that you are getting in a lot of swimming now it will help once you start training “seriously”!! 🙂

2. Kecia January 1, 2016 at 6:41 AM #

Happy 2016!! November and December are always so crazy with the holidays! I haven’t been in the pool for weeks; I haven’t ran in weeks and I am looking forward to getting back to consistency! I can’t wait to follow your 2016 journey and meet you in Wisconsin!! Cheers 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 2, 2016 at 7:36 PM #

Happy 2016 Kecia!! I’m pumped for 2016 and training for Wisconsin!! It will be fun to be able to compare notes while training!! 🙂 It will be so fun to meet in September!

3. racingoprah January 1, 2016 at 7:10 AM #

You and your husband are hilarious! Looks like you guys had a fun November and December. Happy New Year!

4. Brittany January 3, 2016 at 1:09 PM #

Happy New Year! Mmmm… pancakes. Your Nov & Dec look yummy and fun, I always love your enthusiasm 🙂 Also, glad you got a Roka suit, I really love my Roka swimskin!!

5. bayrunnerjamie January 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM #

Welcome back to blogging! I’ve been pretty much MIA too, it is hard to keep up this time of year. You always seem like you are having the best time though! Happy New Year!

6. Kristen January 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM #

Happy New Year and welcome back to the blogging world. Hopefully you will be blogging more as you beginning training for your races. 🙂 I love the Roka wetsuit. I took advantage of their sale and bought a couple pairs of goggles, fins, swim cap, etc. Love those sales.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM #

Happy New Year Kristen!! I’m hoping to blog more…we will see!! 🙂 I can’t wait to try my new wetsuit. So excited!!

7. erin January 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM #

That pumpkin cheesecake sounds amazing. And, ROKA wetsuits FTW! Looks like 2015 wrapped up great, and I hope your 2016 is off to a terrific start! 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 19, 2016 at 9:14 PM #

I’m very excited for my new wetsuit!! I’m so sad because I have to wait so long to wear it!! 🙂