Highlights from January & February!

15 Mar

Wow! March is here and in full force!!

I’ve had a really great start to the new year. I have hired a coach.  I am knee deep into my 7th week of training for Ironman Wisconsin.

TRAINING: has been awesome.  Swimming, biking, and running is going well. I like riding the trainer. Call me crazy but I don’t mind it. We just got a Kickr! It is pretty nice. I told Dan he could use it after September 11th! 🙂

IMG_5226

I have had  a small set back. I have something going on with my right calf. I took a little time off from running. I thought it was just a fluke and it was definitely on the mend, then it was back. So it is probably time to see a PT. 😦

Dan found this article about a calf heart attack. It makes sense but it is 20 years old!

RACES for 2016:
Shamrock 15K
Blue Lake Olympic Triathlon
Coeur d’Alene 70.3
Ironman Wisconsin
Ragnar Hawaii

YOGA: I have been doing some yoga a couple times a week. It is an athlete yoga: Jasyoga. I have a subscription to her videos ($5/month), a total steal.  Lots of videos that are different lengths and different areas to work. I am going to a yoga work shop in Seattle at the end of April. I am pretty excited for that.

FUN STUFF: Painting with Alana and Tiffany
IMG_5288

Tracy’s birthday party and Seth’s birthday party

DESSERTS:
Cheesecake brownies for Super Bowl
IMG_5231
Chocolate chip cookies for Tracy’s birthday
IMG_5298
Caramel/dark chocolate almond/brownies for Valentines Day
IMG_5238

COOKING FEVER: I’m not much into games but I found a fun one. We were hanging with our nieces a couple of weeks ago and the 5 year old introduces me to Cooking Fever. I’m now obsessed. It is supposed to teach you time management. One night I played for an hour straight! 🙂 I used to have to do all my stretching and exercises before I started blogging. Now I have to do all of that before I play “CF”!!

BOMBAS: I’ve always been a Smartwool girl. They are by far my favorite sock. BUT Dan found some socks that he loves and wrote a post about them.  I had a 25% coupon and bought a bunch. They are cheaper than Smartwool and feel as good in my shoes! If you need a coupon let me know.
Bombas

Nuun is having a FLASH SALE on some flavors that are going away forever. Shop Here: NUUN!
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 9.02.30 PM

What is happening in your world?

14 Responses to “Highlights from January & February!”

1. Kecia March 16, 2016 at 4:50 AM #

I’m glad training is going well, but sad to hear about your calf. I hope you get it figured out soon and it isn’t serious!! It looks like you have a good mix of races on your schedule for 2016 and I can’t wait to meet you in person in WI 🙂 Painting with friends is so much fun, but my perfectionist traits come out and I often find myself more stressed than relaxed when painting…go figure 😉 Those desserts look AMAZING!! It is a good thing I don’t bake much, or I’d be the size of the “Goodyear Blimp.” I’ve heard of Bombas socks, but have never tried them. Maybe it is time to give them a try!!

Currently I’m on spring break and enjoying my “free time,” although that has been eaten up with all kinds of other things…cleaning house, grocery shopping, shopping for household goods, dog walking, etc. It is crazy to think that we are already 1/2 way through March!! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the holidays!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 19, 2016 at 8:44 PM #

Yes..hoping the calf thing is squared away soon enough…i haven’t ran at all this week and it feels good. We will see what happens next week!!!
      Have a good rest of spring break. I can’t believe its already mid-March. IMWI will be here before we know it!! 🙂

2. Sherrie March 16, 2016 at 2:25 PM #

I find it hilarious that a game that’s supposed to teach time management has become a time suck, lol!! Love your blog updates, as always!

3. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete March 17, 2016 at 11:26 AM #

Sounds like you are keeping busy!! Glad to hear training is going well, though I hope you get the calf issue sorted out. Those brownies look ridiculously delicious!!

4. erin March 21, 2016 at 3:44 PM #

Ack… really hope the calf issue is nothing serious! Glad training is going well otherwise! Hooray for the Kickr! You’re not alone… I ❤ the trainer, too 🙂 Can you come bake for me please? 😉

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 22, 2016 at 8:44 PM #

I hope not either. But this is the time to really heal it up!!! 🙂
      The trainer is just so much more time efficient!!

5. FitnessFatale March 22, 2016 at 4:45 PM #

I love JasYoga!!! I didn’t even realize they had a subscription. I need to look into it.

Sending healing vibes your way!

6. Luv What You Do March 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM #

All of that delicious chocolate. YUM! And your painting is wonderful!
    Happy March!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 24, 2016 at 8:40 PM #

Ohhh wait until you see what I made for Dan’s birthday!! A homemade “Samoa”!! I can’t believe March is almost over!!

7. Kristen March 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM #

I am loving all the desserts! Can you come to Bend and bake for me? 🙂 My sweet tooth has been off the hook since I started Ironman training. So bad.

Have you booked a place to stay yet for CdA 70.3? I’ve been looking but there isn’t much availability and the VRBO prices are through the roof! I’m not sure yet what we are going to do…

That’s awesome you hired a coach. Definitely the way to go for an Ironman.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 4, 2016 at 9:34 PM #

My sweet tooth is always way worse when I am training hard!!! 😦
      Yes we got a place in CdA a while ago. They always jack up the prices during race weekend!!! Keep looking…have you checked airBNB?
      Yes….having a coach is a great investment! So far so good! 🙂