#24hoursinSeattle

7 May

Last weekend, we went up to Seattle. It was super fun but real quick….24 hours quick.ย  I mentioned in a past post that I was going to a Jasyoga workshop…well it was a teacher training. I wasn’t taking it to become a teacher but hoping that I would have a better sense of how to put together some “practices” for myself.

We drove up to Olympia Friday night and stayed with some friends. Finally got to meet the 9 month old Christopher.

We got to Seattle early enough to go to Top Pot Donuts. I know I know donuts before yoga. Dumb I know! But we are not in Seattle that often and they are delicious!!
IMG_5409

Dan dropped me off and was going to pick me up 6 hours later!!
IMG_5397
Jasyoga has a “mobile” studio so they do not have one of their own. They rented this space which was awesome.
I really enjoyed the workshop. Bree was awesome.
We talked a lot about balance. The yoga solution is: performance, injury prevention, and recovery. We went through practices, discussions, and critical thinking exercise for all the topics.
IMG_5404

We didn’t practice as much as I would have liked. Definitely different than I expected but it was still interesting and I had fun. In other news, Erin(the founder) has just put out a bunch of new videos for balance and for runners so I’m pumped to practice some of those.

Dan picked me up and we headed to Green Lake where there is a 3 mile running loop.
IMG_5405
He ran the warm up lap with me and then I was on my own with some hard work to do for the 2nd/3rd lap.

We had planned to head to the Oiselle store and head home but some friends happen to have a babysitter for the night so we went to dinner with them instead.

Super fun trip. We left early Sunday morning so I could come home and go for a bike ride. If anyone is wondering what Dan did in those 6 hours: I was pretty proud of him. He did a whole shit ton of tourist things. (I was actually kind of jealous) ๐Ÿ™‚

One last side note: We are still talking about the Top Pot donuts!!

13 Responses to “#24hoursinSeattle”

1. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life May 8, 2016 at 4:48 AM #

I guess we will have to put Top Pop on the list of things to try when in Seattle. How do they compare to VooDoo????

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 8, 2016 at 5:27 PM #

Yes!! Top Pot is awesome…way better than Voodoo!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Now i’m not saying not to go to Voodoo (because you are literally staying right next door to Voodoo) you definitely should but they are very much just a donut! Just with funny toppings. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Kecia May 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM #

Super fun to take a day trip and do something new (like yoga training)! How far of a drive is it for you? Glad you had fun ๐Ÿ™‚

3. erin May 9, 2016 at 5:20 AM #

I wish Seattle was within driving distance of Minneapolisโ€ฆ I just love that city! We’ll be there in June for a wedding, and I can’t wait! Will definitely hit up the donut spot ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you had a fun tripโ€ฆ the yoga clinic looked fantastic! Tell jasyoga to come here! Or, I’ll chat with some of my CorePower friends to see if they can put one on ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete May 9, 2016 at 11:10 AM #

I love Seattle and Top Pot donuts!! Yum. Sounds like you fit a lot of fun into your quick trip!

5. Luv What You Do May 9, 2016 at 6:50 PM #

Looks like so much fun!!!

6. Heather May 10, 2016 at 5:10 AM #

What a fun 24 hours! I love little getaways like that. Now I know to put Top Pot Donuts on my list!

7. Kristen May 10, 2016 at 2:54 PM #

Look like a super fun 24-hours. Christopher is only 9 months old?!? He looks like a little man. SO cute!!! How does Top Pot Donuts compare to some of the donut shops in Portland? What is your favorite donut shop in Portland?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 10, 2016 at 8:17 PM #

Yes!!! I swear he has always looked like a little man!! so cute!!!
      Top Pot are amazing. Way better than the ones in Portland! My favorite…i’m not a huge donut person (surprisingly) I like Blue Star and I’ve been wanting to try Pip’s. Its the new donut place in town. ๐Ÿ™‚