16 for ’16

8 Jan

Well I had a great 2016. Here are 16 highlights.

I started the year with hiring a 1-on-1 triathlon coach.  There was pros and cons.  Training was awesome.  I was never brunt out. I had a solid season but I also never saw any (triathlon) PRs.

Our Annual trip to Phoenix.  Also fun to see friends and run the RNR 1/2 marathon.

IMG_5193

Shamrock 15K.  It was pouring. My calf was somewhat injured.  BUT I managed a very very small PR. I also beat Dan for the very first time in a foot race! Bam!!

img_5308

In April, The Pancakes celebrated their 1st anniversary

img_1977

Another 70.3 in the books. Coeur d’Alene was a tough race mentally.  I’ve worked a ton on mental strength but CDA always gets the best of me.

13497592_10210047909338726_5694193516687110853_o

Bend for July 4th was amazing.  It was very relaxing.  Sun. A few short work outs.  It was a nice reset before I really started to hit the Ironman training hard!!

img_5557

The ride of the year: I rode 100 miles to the coast.  Everything about the day was perfect (except the 5 miles of gravel we rode through).  I felt great, positive, confident and although this was a Portland Tri Club ride I rode mostly solo.  It was my fastest century EVER!

img_5626

6th Hood To Coast: It is hard to believe I haven’t missed a year since I started but next year we will be in Europe so I will miss it.  #sadnotsad

img_5660

I started working from home.  I got a stand up desk.  It was AWESOME!! THEN 4 months later I got a new job.  Same company but I had to move to the downtown office.  Which was nice because it is closer but it’s NOT working from home! (this picture was taken the night we set it up, it was never this clean again!)

img_5426-2

Ironman #5: Wisconsin!!  Not a PR.  Very few goals met.  But I had an amazing run and that definitely counts for something!

img_5726

Kona with Dan.  We had so much fun watching IM World Championship, running, walking, swimming with the turtles and relaxing.

img_5796

I was sad to see Dan leave the island but when the girls got there we had so much fun!! We had  a crazy adventure running the inaugural Ragnar Hawaii as an ultra team.

img_5916

We not only won the open ultra women’s  division.  We were fastest among ALL of the ultra women’s teams! Bam!!

img_6073

We went to Vegas a few times.  We met our 3rd niece.  (first on my side)  She is super precious.  Totally in love with her.

img_6035

See my favorite threesome grow up!  It is hard to believe the twins just turned 3 and Seth is about to turn 6.  Crazy!!  We had lots of fun times this year especially baking and playing at the park.

img_5375

In November, I decided to hire a new coach, as of December 1st.  So far so good.  I am feeling really good and loving the work outs.

We decided to staying in Portland for Christmas.  My mom was coming to visit.  Although Dan and I were kicking ourselves for deciding to stay(and looking for last-minute plane tickets to somewhere, anywhere but here), we had a fun time.  Bonus I got in every.single.one of my work outs!! 🙂

img_0034

Here is to an even BETTER 2017.  What are some of your 2016 highlights?

15 Responses to “16 for ’16”

1. Kecia January 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM #

You had an amazing year full of fun and adventures! Cheers to even more fun and adventures in 2017!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 10, 2017 at 9:10 PM #

Thanks!! Really looking forward to 2017!! I guess I better write out my goals before the end of the month!! Haha!! 😉

• Kecia January 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM #

I’m working on that too! Time seems to slip by so quickly!

2. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life January 9, 2017 at 11:41 AM #

Great post Leslie! One of my highlights from 2016 was traveling to the Pacific NW and meeting some awesome new people!

You did have a great year! We are so lucky to have such wonderful experiences with racing, travels and life in general. I look forward to hearing more about your great plans for 2017 and I wish you continued good luck with your new coach!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 10, 2017 at 9:20 PM #

Thanks Lee!!! Yes!! One day I will do a post on what I am up to this year! I am really excited!!! I can’t wait to hear to hear what you are up to this year!!

3. ktanruns January 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM #

What a great year, Leslie! Congratulations on so many accomplishments and so many miles – it was an honor to share some of them with you!

4. Brittany January 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM #

Y’all are too cute! Looks like a great 2016! I’m still working on what my 2017 goals are, it’s difficult to commit sometimes 🙂

5. Kristen L January 11, 2017 at 2:45 PM #

That was a great 2016! My big things in 2016 were 1) Running the Boston Marathon, 2) Olympic distance PR, and 3) Surviving the first year a motherhood! 🙂

Excited for you to be working with a new tri coach. Glad it’s going well! How is the coaching different/changed? Are you seeing more improvements with this coach vs the other or too early to tell? Here’s to a great year in 2017!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 11, 2017 at 8:41 PM #

You have an awesome year too!!
      The main difference is I am heart rate training. Definitely too early to tell with the improvements. I can say my swimming threshold has improved…which always seems to happen at the beginning of the season so i’m hoping to hold on and improve more! 🙂

6. Kristen January 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM #

That’s great you have a new tri coach this year. I want to hear every detail about Ironman Wisconsin as this particular race is at the top of my list (though I’m not ready to travel by air to Ironmans, just yet). I can’t wait to hear what plans you have in store for 2017.

By the way, how are you surviving the record snow in Portland? I cannot believe the weather this year. Um, we have over 3 ft at my house. It’s super pretty but once it melts I dread the mess it’s going to leave around town (and our state).

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM #

I’m very excited! I didn’t love IM Wisconsin. I am happy to send you more details or have a coffee sometime if you are ever in Portland. I just think there are better ones out there! I’m excited you are doing Whistler it is a killer course but you will do great!!!
      The snow has been awful. The entire city shuts down and makes for a big headache!! At least Bend can get rid of it more easily then we can. 🙂

7. Heather January 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM #

Great year! I love reading people’s yearly recaps. You tend to forget what other’s did and then I read through and am like, oh ya! I forgot she did that! You had a busy year running/tri wise! Here’s to a 2017 full of PR’s and more great experiences!