OOPs I did it again…

30 Jan

Well it is funny how your mind set goes from NEVER  AGAIN to OK which one is next?!!

Lets go back to September 11th at about 4pm. I had started the IMWI run and I had a shitty bike ride and I was NEVER EVER doing another Ironman.  I told Dan!! (He reminds me every day of that moment.)  Now fast forward to 9pm that same day.  After having an amazing run and almost a sub 5 hr marathon I decided that maybe I would do another Ironman.  I have been wanting to do Copenhagen since 2015, so I thought 2017 would be a good year for that!! I just wasn’t going to be able to retire from Ironman without racing it!

So I signed up!!

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-2-27-29-pm

We are going to Europe!!  Our tickets are booked! There is no turning back!!

NOW, lets talk about Kona.  I have NEVER EVER had any desire to race Kona.  I would much rather spectate that one.  BUT Dan and I started talking about Kona Legacy.  I only really knew about it because we have a friend that is going for it.  Dan and I thought you only had to do 10 IM races…which is already a lot but I was 1/2 way there. HA, we checked and it is actually 12 races.  I have been wavering back and forth if I really wanted to do it.  But if I was actually going to think about it, I better start upping that number that I have done.

So I signed up for Arizona:

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-2-27-02-pm

It is going to be tough now that I have already started to think about Kona because once I start thinking about something, it never really goes away!!  I am definitely in trouble! (kind of like Copenhagen) 😉

I told some girlfriends that I was thinking about Kona.  I got this text the next day!

img_6161

In the mean time, I have pretty much decided to do Victoria 70.3 for my tune up.  We don’t really have a lot of choices up in the NW so that is going to be my best bet. Plus that is my PR.  This course is most like Copenhagen so I think it will be perfect.

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-2-28-01-pm

Good news is Ironman does an All World Athlete program which I don’t even really know what it means or that it will really matter but I made the bronze category this year. Woot Woot!!!  If I can get a better spot in transition then it will be worth it!

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-2-28-58-pm

Those are my big races for the year!  It is going to go by fast. It is already almost February!

Who wants to go spectate Kona if I get a slot?!

28 Responses to “OOPs I did it again…”

1. laurenruns January 30, 2017 at 9:01 PM #

Wow! I am having FOMO again of not doing an Ironman race this year!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 31, 2017 at 8:23 PM #

I saw that you are doing a 70.3..that will be fun!! I read your Louisville report…did you like that one better than WI? What IM do you think you will do next?

2. Kecia January 31, 2017 at 5:59 AM #

Ha Ha!! I love it!! I’m only going to do one IM this year, but I’m definitely looking into the challenge of doing two in one year to see how my body responds. I’m excited to follow your adventure this year and to Kona 😉

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 31, 2017 at 8:16 PM #

I’ve totally lost my mind…i’m pretty sure!! 🙂 If you were to do 2 in one year…which ones do you think you would do?

• Kecia February 1, 2017 at 4:20 AM #

That’s the hard part for me since I don’t get vacation time during the school year (except 2 measly days) outside of our scheduled breaks. I would have to really look at a schedule and see what I could finagle with my limited time off during the year and summer time.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 1, 2017 at 7:44 PM #

You’ll have to do one at the beginning of the summer and then at the end! 🙂

• Kecia February 2, 2017 at 3:44 AM #

That’s the struggle. The only one at the beginning of the summer is Boulder and I need to be out there for 2-3 weeks before to acclimate to the altitude. Hmmm

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 2, 2017 at 8:42 PM #

I know right!!!

• Kecia February 3, 2017 at 3:49 AM #

😃

3. Laurie Weinsoft January 31, 2017 at 6:36 AM #

I am proud of your IM accomplishment. You are a true athlete and quite an inspiration. Does this mean you will be missing thanksgiving this year? Maybe we should all go to Hawaii to cheer you on. Realistically Vancouver might be easier. Wishing you the best as you prepare for your next race.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 31, 2017 at 8:14 PM #

Thanks Laurie!! I’m sure there will be other opportunities to come see me race. Hawaii won’t be for a long time!! 😉

4. Heather January 31, 2017 at 8:57 AM #

Heck ya girl!!! SO excited for you!

5. Sherrie Austin January 31, 2017 at 12:18 PM #

I am so honored to make your blog!
    And now everyone knows you must do this!
    And I will totally go to Kona to cheer you on!
    And the bronze thing? What the heck?
    Whatever it is is really cool.
    You ARE a rockstar!

6. ktanruns February 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM #

WOW, what an amazing goal! Can’t wait to follow your progress and see you crush it!!!

7. Kristen February 3, 2017 at 1:27 PM #

Holy Crap, Leslie!!! What a YEAR you are going to have. At first I was like, wow she signed up for another Ironman. But then I scrolled down and saw AZ and almost fell off the chair. Go big or go home, right? Curious – why is Copenhagen at the top of your list? Is there something in particular about the race that intrigues you? How did you get into AZ? That one sells out so quickly….

It’s going to be fun following you this year. And you better call me if/when you come to Bend so we can connect for a run/ride! No excuses. 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 6, 2017 at 8:42 PM #

Go Big or Go Home is definitely the motto this year!! Jen the Hippie Triathlete did Copenhagen in 2015 and when I read her race report I thought that is the race that I want to do!!!
      As for AZ, I signed up right when it opened..I was pumped I got in. I wasn’t going to do it unless I got in under regular registration! 😉
      We might be in Bend for 4th of July…but if you come to Portland let me know!

8. Find Us Outdoors February 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM #

Holy smokes!! This is exciting, Leslie!! Lol- love that you went from never doing another to signing up for two this year! Can’t wait to read more about your training. Glad you like your new coach!
    Is Dan doing either, or just being a really awesome husband and supporter?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 6, 2017 at 8:31 PM #

I’ve definitely lost my mind!! 🙂
      Dan is not doing either!! He would much rather spectate than race!! 🙂

9. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life February 7, 2017 at 6:39 PM #

Wow Leslie! What a year you have in front of you! I knew you were going to do Copenhagen and then when I read Arizona too…..you go!!! I wish you had wanted to make the trip out to do Raleigh 70.3 in June. Maybe one day I can convince you;)

I look forward to following all your training this year. You are going to log some serious miles!!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 7, 2017 at 7:22 PM #

Lee!! Miles and miles this year! It will be insane!! I’m not sure that I want to do Raleigh but maybe I can convince you to go with me to Timberman?!! That is on your coast?! 🙂

• Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life February 17, 2017 at 9:19 AM #

I don’t know anything about Timberman (except that the 2017 race was discontinued), but it would be so awesome to meet up for a race one day!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 18, 2017 at 5:58 AM #

What?!!! Timberman was discontinued I thought it was a really popular one!! 😦 I’m so sad…well we will have to pick a different one to meet up at!! 🙂

10. Kristen L February 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM #

You’re so funny about “never signing up for another race”. 🙂 Haha. You are going to have such a great year!! I think traveling to Europe to race would be so much fun. I will be in Vancouver for the 70.3 also, so I’ll see you there!!! It’s been way too long since we’ve gotten together.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 18, 2017 at 5:55 AM #

I know, right!! Very excited for the year!! So Awesome you guys will be in Victoria!!! That will be a great tune-up for Whistler!! We definitely have to get together for some rides once it gets nicer out!! 🙂

11. erin February 19, 2017 at 7:45 AM #

Leslie! You GO! This is so awesome! Stoked for you and the double! Definitely enough time to recover after Copenhagen(!) and do AZ. The six-week turnaround was tough (at least for me), but more than that is totally doable. And, Kona! Keep going and no doubt you’ll get that legacy spot 🙂 Seeing you on the run course there was such a highlight!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM #

Thanks Erin!! I’m super excited for this year and the double. Kona is a long shot but maybe if I get there you will be there again!! 🙂