2017 Goals

12 Feb

Well my big goal was to have all my goals done by January 31st.  Since January has come and gone, I thought I better sit down and think about it!

1. Do the best that I can do.  Train as hard as I can train. Race as hard as I can race.
  2. PR…I am looking for a solid PR at Victoria and Arizona.  I’m not exactly sure what that looks like now but I am gunning for a sub 2:15 run in Victoria and sub 5 hr run in Arizona.
  3. We are doing really well not eating dessert.  I’ve been feeling really good.  I’m sleeping better and my work outs having been great!
  4. Dan bought me the Run Fast. Eat Slow. cookbook for Christmas.  I am loving it.  I’m trying to cook at least one thing from the book each week.
  5. Continue to work on my mental toughness.  Like all my other training, it is a work in progress.
  6. Blog a little bit more.  I’m not promising anything but I feel like I always have these great ideas for posts and then I never get them typed out.

That is it for now.  Excited for 2017. The year is already moving at lightening speed.  I’m just trying to keep the momentum up!! 🙂

What are some goals for you this year?

16 Responses to “2017 Goals”

1. Jonathan94002Jonathan February 12, 2017 at 5:36 PM #

That’s a nice list! I have a minimal sugar intake goal this year as I had the last year. (And, I say this having consumed a very nice coconut cupcake (mailed out from Georgetown cupcakes!) I have some pretty simple goals this year; a 5k pr, a 10k pr, a HM pr, and a Marathon PR. 🙂 No big deal!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 13, 2017 at 7:38 PM #

I’ve really known forever that sugar isn’t good for you but it is my only vice but I feel like giving it up this year has been different. I have really felt better than I ever have giving it up before!!
      Jealous you had a Georgetown Cupcake! Those are awesome!!
      Good luck with your running this year! Make it epic!! 🙂

2. Kecia February 13, 2017 at 6:12 AM #

Excellent list of goals for 2017! I’ve been successful thus far on cutting alcohol from my diet as well as most sugars and feel great as a result! I too am always looking for a PR 🙂 Right now my big focus is feeling 100% again and making gains to achieve those PRs! Cheers to a great year!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 13, 2017 at 7:32 PM #

Thanks Kecia!! I’m glad you are feeling great too without sugar!!
      You are working super hard, you are motivated and positive. Its going to be an awesome year of PRs!!

3. Heather February 14, 2017 at 5:46 AM #

Nice goals! I think my biggest one is to have more self control with food. I tend to be an all or nothing person and eat all the cookies/brownies/rolls/cheese/ etc. I’m working on my balance! I know you’ll get your PR’s and I can’t wait to see some blogs on the recipes you cook from Run Fast. East Slow.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 14, 2017 at 7:46 PM #

I feel ya! All or nothing baby!!
      I’ve already made a ton of recipes…i’ll do a blog post soon!!! 🙂

4. Kristen L February 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM #

Great goals! I was doing pretty well for a while on one new recipe a week, but I have lost that a bit lately. I have heard a lot of good things about the RunFastEatSlow book. I’m interested in getting it! My big goal is to keep up the consistency with IM training, and to enjoy the process.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 18, 2017 at 5:57 AM #

Thanks Kristen!! You should definitely get the cookbook. I love it!!
      Great goals!! Do you have a coach or what plan are you using?

5. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life February 17, 2017 at 9:24 AM #

Great goals Leslie! I especially love #1….that is always how I feel about a new season, but I really like the way you wrote it. Great!!! Have not heard too much about the new cookbook. Are the recipes complex? I mean this in the sense of…”are they options for weeknight dinners when working and training?”

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 18, 2017 at 6:06 AM #

Thanks Lee!!!
      I really like simple don’t use a ton of ingredients kind of person. This book is definitely more than that. All the recipes that I have used..have been make on the weekend and use during the week. I think there are some that could be made in the evening (but with some prep before hand) like cooking sweet potatoes before. Getting the Kale marinated for the salads. Things like that. I do want to do a post on some of the things that I have made!! We will see if I can get that done in the next month or so!! 🙂

6. erin February 19, 2017 at 6:46 AM #

Love these goals, Leslie! Setting yourself up for a successful year – can’t wait to see you rock it. We cut out most dessert in January (except for dark chocolate), and it felt so good. Back on the sugar train in Feb, but feeling meh, so I think it’s time to cut it again. Cheers to an awesome 2017! Excited for you!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 19, 2017 at 12:34 PM #

It is so funny how sugar effects us so much!! 😦 Can’t wait to see what you are doing this year!! 🙂

7. Luv What You Do March 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM #

OMG! I still don’t think I’ve written my 2017 goals and it’s march : )
    I just heard about the Run Fast Eat Slow book..I think I need it!!!
    Happy new year and cheers to amazing days and PR’s ahead!